Do you know someone who would make a big impact by joining the team with their passion, knowledge and expertise at Seven Lakes?
Developing the fishery is key to our business strategy as you will have seen over the last couple of years, our progression is only going one way – up! There really is no better time than to introduce the right personnel to take the fishery to the next level and help us deliver a premium experience for the talented angler or a local family starting to fish for the first time.
Role Title: Full Time Fishery Assistant
Reports to: Fishery Manager / Estate Manager
Location: The job holder is based at Seven Lakes Fishery, Paices Country Park, Aldermaston.
Job Purpose: To assist the Fishery Manager on the day to day running of Seven Lakes Fishery
Essential knowledge: Fish husbandry, water testing, netting
Essential attributes: Enjoys working outside, reliable, trustworthy, good communication skills, self-motivated, polite, hands on, flexible, team player, able to handle confrontation
Essential experience: Fish husbandry, working within a fishery, basic IT skills in Microsoft Word/Excel and Outlook.
Qualifications required: 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English Grade C+ or equivalent, Full Driving License, DBS Certificate
Desirable skills / experience: Chainsaw use, shotgun use, fishery management course experience
The job holder will assist and undertake:
- Fish Husbandry
- Water and Oxygen level tests
- Cover phone enquiries in the evening and at weekends
- Fishery Security
- Netting every winter – stock checks
- Maintaining fishing equipment
- Maintain grounds within the fishery, litter picking, strimming, grass cutting
- Attend bailiff meetings
- Advise customers of best practices and tactics
- Organise and attend work party days.
- Bailiff duties and provide cover when required
- Maintain onsite toilets
- Environmental management & maintenance
- Build and maintain relationships with tackle shops, fishing publications, customers and suppliers with Fishery Manager
- Encourage and collect catch reports, confirm catches, sizes, take photos to include on website and social media
- Any other task that is requested from the Fishery Manager
- Be polite and maintain good relationships with external customers.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with suppliers and colleagues.